Discover the Imagination. Imagine the Discovery!
Students qualify to participate in the Duke University Talent Identification Program by achieving a score of 95th percentile rank on the MAP Test (Measures of Academic Progress). CCS is proud that many students have participated in this program over the years.
writing, Spelling, and literature
- Three 8th graders won first, second and third place in the Knights of Columbus Essay Contest
- Three 8th graders won first, second, and third place in the Serra Club essay contest about vocations
- Three students placed first, second, and third in the Coastal Region Diocesan Spelling Bee
- 7th and 8th grade Beta Club Team won first place in the Junior Book Battle at the State Beta Club Convention
Math, science, and Social studies
- 1st Place Robotics Team at Beta Club State Convention
- 8th grader placed first in Science at Beta Club State Convention
- 8th grader placed in the top 10 in Division II Math at Beta Club National Convention
- Three 8th graders earned All State Honors in Band
- Two 8th graders performed in the Middle School Honors Performance Series in Carnegie Hall
- Two Upper School students made All Region Band
- 5th grader won first place in the Youth Art Exhibit at the Coastal Carolina Fair
- 7th grader earned third place in photography at Beta Club State Convention and qualified for the National Beta Club Convention