Feast of Pentecost Gospel of John 20: 19-23
After the Resurrection, Jesus appeared to the disciples, breathed on them and said to them: “Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.” God’s spirit gives spirit and all breath is God’s breath. The disciples, with the gift of the Holy Spirit, carried on Jesus’ ministry and started the Church (Pentecost is the birthday of the Church). They were given the authority to baptize and to forgive sins. They were the “first priests” and leaders of the Church. May the Holy Spirit strengthen us in our efforts to be faithful disciples in all that we say and do.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 14, led by Fourth Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, May 21, led by Third Grade Class.
• Congratulations to all of our second grade students who have made their First Communion in the past few weeks at their parishes. We are proud of you.
• The South Carolina Academy of Science sponsored a state-wide science contest earlier this semester. Last week, we received the results of the CCS upper school students who participated. Across the state, 794 students participated in the contest which included challenging questions in the areas of microbiology, anatomy, and physiology. Student awards were given in four categories: Grand, State, Regional and School. Charleston Catholic School had four winners. Logan Lowder (Gr. 6) and Ben Onufer (Gr. 6) earned School Prize awards – certificate and $25. Libby Zanin (Gr. 7) earned State Prize award – certificate and $75. Eran Artigues (Gr. 6) earned Grand Prize award – certificate and $100. Congratulations to these four students for their accomplishments.
• Congratulations to the CCS eighth grade class for earning distinction in math as the top tenth national percentile rank for their math computation score on the ITBS achievement tests taken in the first semester. The class of 21 students scored an average of 92nd percentile in math computation, and this score placed them in the top 10% of the nation.
• Today – White Saints Tennis Team at Creekside courts, 4pm
• Friday, May 16 – Band to Carowinds for middle school competition in music festival
• Saturday, May 17 – CCS Athletic Banquet and Awards, 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Parkshore Park
• May 19 – Upper School Drama Performance, 6:00 p.m.
Development – PTO – School Board
• May 28, 7:00 p.m. - School Board meeting