Third Sunday of Easter Gospel of Luke 24: 13-35
Two disciples encountered Jesus on their way from Jerusalem to Emmaus but they did not recognize him. Jesus interpreted the Scriptures for them while they were walking and then he shared a meal with them when they arrived in Emmaus. “While he was with them at table, he took bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them. With that their eyes were opened and they recognized him, but he vanished from their sight.”
Besides experiencing Jesus in the sacrament of the Eucharist, in what ways do we encounter him in our lives? How do we “recognize” Jesus’ presence? Let us continue to celebrate Christ’s resurrection throughout the Easter season which lasts until Pentecost. Hopefully, we will experience the same feeling as the two disciples who exclaimed: “Were not our hearts burning within us while he spoke to us on the way and opened the Scriptures to us?”
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 9, led by Second Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 16, led by Eighth Grade Class.
• CCS job opportunities for 2008-09: (1) K4 Teacher and (2) Teacher’s Aide for Lower School Classes. We wish Mrs. Danyelle Blitch (our K4 Teacher) the best as a “stay-at-home” mother next year, and we appreciate her service to our school this school year.
• Tennis matches this week: Team #1 (Red) plays today and Team #2 (White) plays Wednesday – both matches at Jack Adams Tennis Courts. Go Saints!
• Congratulations to the following students for earning first place in their classes for the Drug Awareness Poster Contest sponsored by the Knights of Columbus Council 704: Joseph Fosberry (Gr. 8), Mary Margaret Novak (Gr. 7) and Zois Manaris (Gr. 4).
• Career Day for students will be April 18.
• Cotillion for Upper School will be April 24.
• School holiday for students on April 25 – CCS Teacher in-service day.
• Field Day will be May 2 at Palmetto Islands County Park in Mt. Pleasant.
Development – PTO – School Board
• CCS Auction is this Saturday, April 12, starting at 6:30 p.m. at the Citadel Holliday Alumni Center across the street from Johnson Hagood Football Stadium.
• Next PTO meeting will be April 21 starting at 6:00 p.m. Please plan to attend.
• Next School Board meeting will be April 28 at 7:00 p.m.