Third Sunday of Lent Gospel of John 4:5-42
Jesus encounters a Samaritan woman at the well. She was there to get water to satisfy her physical need, whereas Jesus challenges her to think about satisfying her spiritual needs by living according to God’s laws. Jesus refers to himself as the “living water” and source of eternal life. The Samaritan woman becomes a follower of Jesus and introduces him to others in her town. Wasn’t this woman fortunate to have such an experience with Jesus? Do we find Jesus in some of the basic, ordinary aspects of life? Think of a time when you have encountered the presence of our Lord when you least expected it. How did you respond? How did you feel?
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, led by Seventh Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 5, led by Sixth Grade Class.
• Registration for 2008-09 school year for new families of other denominations began today. So far, 178 students are enrolled for next year.
• See letters coming home today about our school’s new partner in tuition collection, FACTS. We encourage all families to take advantage of the opportunity to meet the FACTS representative, Matt Knapp, on March 11 (any time between 2:30 and 5:30 in the library) so that he can help you enroll online in the payment plan of your choice. We will use the 13 computers in the lab to facilitate the enrollment process.
• Tennis practice will be Mondays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 5:00 p.m. at the Jack Adams Tennis Center behind the Citadel football stadium for the next few weeks.
• Senior Girls basketball team plays tonight at 8:00 p.m. at Fort Johnson Middle School in the semi-finals of the Trident League Tournament. Go Saints!
• This coming weekend, CCS will have three teams (8th grade boys, 6th & 7th grade boys, and senior girls) participating in the Parochial League State Tournament in Aiken, SC. The coaches, players, cheerleaders, and chaperones will depart from CCS after Upper School lunch on Friday. We pray for their safety over the weekend and wish them the best in their games. Go Saints!
Development – PTO – School Board
• CCS Auction will be April 12, 2008.
• School Board meeting, tonight at 7:00 p.m.
• PTO meeting will be Monday, March 3 at 6:00 p.m.
• School Spirit Night at Chick-fil-A in Mt. Pleasant on Thursday, March 6.