During Lent, we often “give up” things as part of our self-discipline and sacrifice. Sometimes, too, we make commitments to do something “extra” in terms of our prayer life or service to others. Here are some thoughts from the Christophers, written by Father John Catoir, as published in The Catholic Miscellany recently:
Give up resentment and become more forgiving.
Give up hatred and return good for evil.
Give up complaining and be more grateful.
Give up pessimism and become more hopeful.
Give up worry and become more trusting.
Give up anger and become more patient.
Give up pettiness and become more noble.
Give up gloom and become more joyful.
We might pick out one or two of these ideas and work on them during our Lenten journey.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, Feb 20, led by Eighth Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Feb 27, led by Seventh Grade Class.
• Registration for 2008-09 school year for new families of other denominations begins February 25.
• Grade 8 students participated in the Citadel Engineering Bridge Competition this past Saturday. The following students constructed bridges that supported 100 lbs. -- Charlotte Beck, Jessica Coaxum, Laura Johnston, Michael Pasierbowicz, Andrew Quick and Jack Schaaf. Laura won two trophies: first place for Structural Engineering and third place for Best Craftsmanship. Congratulations to Laura and to all of the eighth graders for their efforts in the Bridge Competition. Pictures of the bridges will be posted on our school’s web site later this week.
• Tennis practice will be Mondays and Thursdays from 3:45 to 5:00 p.m. at the Jack Adams Tennis Center behind the Citadel football stadium for the next few weeks.
Development – PTO – School Board
• CCS Auction will be April 12, 2008.
• School Board meeting, Monday, February 25 at 7:00 p.m.