Feast of the Epiphany of the Lord: Gospel of Matthew 2:1-12
“They (the magi) were overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.” The magi or kings were Persian astrologers or astronomers, and they represented the spiritual wisdom of the Gentiles. They knew that Jesus was someone very special and worthy of “royal treatment”. Today, as we start the New Year, we can offer Jesus our own gifts – to commit ourselves to doing our best with the talents and abilities we have. Let us pray for the grace to give Jesus, our King, the best we have to offer.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Jan. 9, led by Eighth Grade Class.
• Prayer Service, 10:30 a.m. Jan. 16, led by Seventh Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Jan. 23, led by Sixth Grade Class.
• School holiday, Monday, Jan. 21, for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
• Our school welcomed two new students today for the second semester: Carl Hilton in Grade 7 and Devon Riffert in Grade 2. Our new enrollment total is 195 students.
• Re-registration begins January 22nd. You will receive a form to fill out and return with your $150.00 per child registration fee in your Monday Envelope.
• All basketball game times and places are posted on our web site. Good luck to all of our Saints’ teams this week.
• Placement Test for Bishop England High School is this Saturday for Grade 8 students.
• Region band auditions are this Saturday at Summerville High School.
Development – PTO – School Board
• 2008 Charleston Catholic School Art Calendars are on sale for $10.
• CCS Auction will be April 12, 2008.