Now is the time to prepare for the coming of Jesus
Second Sunday of Advent – Gospel of Matthew 3: 1-12
John the Baptist preaches about the coming of the Messiah and baptizes people in the Jordan River. He said, “I am baptizing you with water, for repentance, but the one who is coming after me is mightier than I. I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” Do we share John the Baptist’s enthusiasm and the urgency about the coming of Jesus Christ? How are we preparing ourselves? One way to prepare would be to attend a parish retreat or reconciliation service, such as the one at the Cathedral this week, Dec. 12-14, with an opportunity for confessions at the conclusion of this Wednesday’s evening service. Check with your parish for additional prayer and reconciliation opportunities during Advent.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 12, led by Fifth Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 19, led by Fourth Grade Class.
• The Diocese of Charleston is looking for more Virtus Class Facilitators, particularly for people fluent in both English and Spanish. If interested, contact the school office for an application and job description.
• Dismissal for December 21, last day of first semester, will be 11:30 a.m. for all students. We ask that all students be picked up between 11:30 and 12:00, since there will not be any After Care supervision that day. The faculty & staff Christmas party will begin shortly after 12:00 off campus. We would be most grateful for prompt carpools.
• Eighth Grade first semester exams will be Dec. 18, 19 & 20. Exam and Amended Class Schedule for those three days will be sent home today and posted on the web site. All eighth grade students will take exams in their six core academic subjects (no students may exempt exams).
• Christmas break is Dec. 22 to Jan. 6. Second semester begins Monday, January 7, 2008.
• Lower School Special Arts Performance will be this Thursday, Dec. 13 at 6:00 p.m.
• TAG Day – Friday, Dec. 14 – money collected will be donated to the Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center (which serves the needs of abused children)
• Upper School Dance – Friday, Dec. 14 after school
• Trident Basketball League – December game times and places are posted on our web site
• Parochial League basketball season for senior boys & girls begins January 6, 2008. All parochial league games are played on Sunday afternoons at Bishop England’s gym.
Development – PTO – School Board
• 2008 Charleston Catholic School Art Calendars are on sale for $10. Place orders by December 14. Calendars will be sent home during the week of Dec. 17-21. Please return order forms with money to Mrs. Amy Austen.