First Sunday of Advent – Gospel of Matthew 24: 37-44
Jesus tells his disciples to be ready always since people do not know when the end of time will occur. Jesus said, “So, too, you also must be prepared, for at an hour you do not expect, the Son of Man will come.” During Advent, we prepare for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Above all other preparations for the holidays, we need to get ready to welcome our Lord. Throughout Advent, “let others see Jesus in us”.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 5, led by Sixth Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 12, led by Fifth Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Dec. 19, led by Fourth Grade Class.
• Dismissal for December 21, last day of first semester, will be 11:30 a.m. for all students. We ask that all students be picked up between 11:30 and 12:00, since there will not be any After Care supervision that day. The faculty & staff Christmas party will begin shortly after 12:00 off campus. We would be most grateful for prompt carpools.
• Eighth Grade first semester exams will be Dec. 18, 19 & 20. Exam and Amended Class Schedule for those three days will be sent home next week. All eighth grade students will take exams in their six core academic subjects (no students may exempt exams).
• Christmas break is Dec. 22 to Jan. 6. Second semester begins Monday, January 7, 2008.
• Upper School Special Arts Performance will be Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 6:00 p.m.
• Lower School Special Arts Performance will be Dec. 13 at 6:00 p.m.
• Beta Club statewide convention will be Thursday & Friday, Dec. 6-7 in Myrtle Beach.
• TAG Day – December 14
• Upper School Dance – December 14
• Trident Basketball League begins December 8. We will post game times and places on our web site as we get information.
• Parochial League basketball season for senior boys & girls begins January 6, 2008. All parochial league games are played on Sunday afternoons at Bishop England’s gym.
Development – PTO – School Board
• 2008 Charleston Catholic School Art Calendars are on sale for $10. Place orders by December 14. Calendars will be sent home during the week of Dec. 17-21. Please return order forms with money to Mrs. Amy Austen.