Gospel of Luke 17: 5-10 Jesus tells his disciples that being faithful is what is expected of them, just like a servant is expected to serve his master. The faithful disciple does not expect certain rewards but rather trusts God to provide what is needed. Let’s pray that we can be faithful and do the right thing because it is right, not because we anticipate a reward for the right action.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Oct. 10, led by Seventh Grade Class.
• School Mass, 10:30 a.m. Oct. 17, led by Sixth Grade Class.
• Canned goods collection for the OLM Outreach Center (on Johns Island) is this week. Let’s support those in need with our donations.
• In honor of Fire Prevention Week (Oct 8-12), we are collecting “change” in a firefighter’s boot to give to Fire Engine 8 (around the corner on Huger Street). The boot will be in the kitchen all week and students, parents, and teachers may make donations during the lunch hours.
• Entertainment during the lunch periods for Multicultural Week will be: Tuesday – Damian and Asako Kremer of the Charleston Symphony Orchestra; Wednesday – Ann Caldwell, jazz and blues singer, who has performed at Spoleto and with the Charleston Symphony Orchestra. Family members are welcome to attend these performances.
• Parent – Teacher Conferences regarding the first quarter report cards – Friday, Oct. 26 (no school for students)
Curriculum & Instruction
• Teachers attended additional SMART board training this past Thursday afternoon. We learned about many resources that are accessible through the SMART board and some program upgrades that have been made recently.
• An order has been placed for two more SMART boards due to the generosity of an anonymous donor. These boards will be installed in classrooms for Grades 7 & 8, hopefully by early November.
• Multi-cultural week, Fire Prevention week and Food Drive - Oct. 8-12
• Book Fair, Oct. 10-16
• Student Council is sponsoring a dance for Grades 6-8, Friday, Oct. 12, after school.
• Basketball Clinic – Gr. 5-8, on campus, Saturday, Oct. 13, 9:00 – 12:00
• Grandparents Day, Monday, Oct. 15, 11:00 to 2:00
• Athletics Booster Club – Walk-a-thon – Saturday, Oct. 27 at Colonial Lake
Development – PTO – School Board
• Annual Fund meeting for all CCS families, Oct. 10 at 6:00 p.m.