Thank you for your enthusiasm and support during the first week of school
Spiritual Reflection • This year’s theme is: “Let Others See Jesus in You”. In everything we say and do, let’s be witnesses to the gospel message so that others will see Jesus in us. As Saint Francis of Assisi said: “Preach the Gospel all the time; if necessary, use words.” Let’s ask God for the grace to live according to His Word.
• Thank you for your enthusiasm and support during the first week of school. We are off to a great start due to everyone’s coming together for the welfare of the school community – teachers, staff, parents and students.
• Thanks to the PTO for hosting the ice cream social for our Open House. We are looking forward to all of the PTO functions for this coming year and the many ways that volunteers can get involved for the benefit of the students. This year’s PTO Board is: Ann Body (President), Cindi Banks (Vice President), Dee DiBona (Secretary) and Barbara Onufer (Treasurer).
• Each morning, at 8:00 a.m., we gather as a school community in the Hall to start our day with prayer, the pledge of allegiance and announcements. You are welcome to join us any day that you are able.
• Each week our school community celebrates Mass at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday in Sacred Heart Catholic Church. You are welcome to join us. This week’s Mass will be led by Grade 7 with Fr. Michael Cassabon as the celebrant.
• Student Dress for Mass is: Lower School Boys (K4 to Gr.4) long navy pants with white polo shirt; Upper School Boys (Gr. 5-8) long navy pants, dress white shirts and ties; Lower School Girls (K4 to Gr. 4) plaid jumpers with white blouses; Upper School Girls (Gr. 5-8) plaid skirts with white blouses and red vests.
• All students, including upper school students, are expected to wear PE uniforms all day on their PE class days. This is a new routine for upper school students, and the benefit will be more instructional time. We want to see how this works for the first quarter, and we will make adjustments if necessary.
• School Board meeting is tonight at 7:00 p.m. in the library. Parents are welcome to attend. If any time during the school year a family wants to address the school board, the procedure is to make a written request to the principal at least one week prior to a scheduled meeting. The School Board Officers are: Chris Quick (President), Scott Fanjoy (Vice President) and Mary Shahid (Secretary). Monsignor Joseph Roth is our school’s Chaplain. Msgr. Roth is Pastor of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist, Pastor of Saint Mary of the Annunciation and Vicar General for the Diocese of Charleston.
Upcoming CCS events:
• Labor Day holiday – September 3 – no school for students and faculty
• PTO meeting – September 17 at 6:00 p.m.