2008-09 School Theme – Mission Possible: Go Make a Difference!
Pentecost Letter of St. Paul to the Galatians 5: 16-25
St. Paul identifies the fruits of the Holy Spirit: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.” As a school community, we have tried to embody these virtues throughout the school year, focusing on each of these fruits monthly. Hopefully, the attention to these virtues has helped make a difference for the students this school year. As we celebrated the feast of Pentecost yesterday, let us pray that the Holy Spirit will guide us during these remaining days of the school year.
On behalf of the faculty and staff, I offer my sincere gratitude to all CCS families and friends for your prayers and support throughout this school year. We wish you many blessings in the upcoming summer months. To those of you who are going on from here, we pray for you and we wish you the best in your new endeavors.
• Friday, June 5 – School Mass, 10:15 a.m. led by Grade 7.
• Student awards for eighth grade will be given at Graduation during the ceremony.
• Student awards for upper school students in grades 5-7 will be given in a ceremony following Mass on Friday, June 5, at 11:15 a.m. in Sacred Heart Church.
• Report Cards will be mailed to families on June 11th.
• Teacher Workday – Monday, June 8th. School Office will be closed for processing all end-of-the-year paperwork. Office will be open 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. June 9-11th and will be closed on June 12th.
• School Office Hours, starting the week of June 15th – 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Office closed on Monday and Friday. School office closed the entire week of July 6-10th.
• June 1-3 Exams for Grade 8 students
• June 2 – K4 & K5 end of the year program at 10:30 a.m. in the School Hall
• June 4 – Noon dismissal, Grades 1-7; After Care will be available 12:00 to 6:00 p.m.
• June 5 – Last day of school; noon dismissal, Grades 1-7; No After Care.
• June 5 – Graduation for Eighth Grade, 6:00 p.m. at Sacred Heart Church
Development – PTO – School Board
• June 1 – School Board meeting
The Charleston Catholic School – A Sacred Place
Discover the Imagination. Imagine the Discovery!